Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hallway, hmmm

I will have to make this short because I need to hurry up and finish the walls of our guest bedroom. My sister and brother-in-law are visiting for the weekend and I hate that it's just a primed room at the moment! But whilst I've been mudding and sanding the guest room I've been keeping the hallway on the back burner.

Originally I was going to frame three or four of my photos in big black frames with white mats and call it a day. But I've been going through my files and I have so many photos I like, not to mention those of family and friends. So now I'm leaning towards a hallway full of framed pictures, but I'm afraid that would be too much for our tiny hallway and make it seem even darker than it already does. (I'm beginning to think our decision to keep it a dark red was not a bright one...pun intended.)

My grandmother's house has a stairway full of portraits of family, friends, and the extended family of exchange students she housed through the years. It's a really interesting sight, especially since she has some of the old tin photos of our ancestors. So I would love to have something like that, but it will have to be on a much smaller scale. Question is: how small of a scale?

No comments:

Post a Comment