Monday, December 13, 2010

Snow day!


The past two days has been very snowy and very icy! I swear we got about four inches, and it's by far the most snow I've ever seen. It was so pretty coming down in huge fluffy flakes. I managed to take a break from the floor to take this picture, quickly mind you since it was in the 20s! By the time we had finished with the poly it was very white and the roads were terrible. Unfortunately this snow caught everyone by surprise and the salt trucks hadn't been out yet, so a lot of us were slipping and sliding all over the place. Luckily Diane and I got home in one piece. And I proceeded to make Snowcreme! Haven't had it in years. And didn't get to have the kind I (and Paula Deen) are used to. Normally I make it with sweetened condensed milk. But since we had no warning I didn't have any on hand, and I didn't even get to buy my emergency eggs, milk, and bread. It's a joke in the South that whenever it *might* snow all the grocery stores are immediately out of milk, eggs and bread. Who knows why?

In case your curious how to make it, I used:
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. milk
3/4 t. vanilla

Add the snow and eat. And don't forget to stick you out a bowl to catch the snow in to begin with, otherwise who knows what you're eating. Of course even with the bowl outside, no one else in the house would eat it except me. Lord!

I hate it I didn't take more picture, but man has it been cold. It's supposed to be 6 tonight. 6?! I need another number in front of that, please. How about a 7? Sure makes me miss Southern California.

Mama, it's cold out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment